Hoe is a rake/rubygems helper for project Rakefiles. It helps you manage, maintain, and release your project and includes a dynamic plug-in system allowing for easy extensibility. Hoe ships with plug-ins for all your usual project tasks including rdoc generation, testing, packaging, deployment, and announcement..
See class rdoc for help. Hint:
ri Hoe or any of the plugins listed
For extra goodness, see: http://docs.seattlerb.org/hoe/Hoe.pdf
3.14.0 / 2015-09-12
5 minor enhancements:
- Added so_name variable to bin/sow for using hoe w/ c-extensions.
- Default config now excludes tmp, .git, and .bundle.
- Extended :compiler plugin to define #extension for hoe spec decls.
- Failures to detect/load rake-compiler are handled gracefully.
- Removed generation of synthesized .gemtest file. Dead.
1 bug fix:
- Fix PRERELEASE= for packaging against newer versions of rubygems. (drbrain)
- home: http://www.zenspider.com/projects/hoe.html
- code: https://github.com/seattlerb/hoe
- bugs: https://github.com/seattlerb/hoe/issues
- rdoc: http://docs.seattlerb.org/hoe/
- doco: http://docs.seattlerb.org/hoe/Hoe.pdf
- other: http://github.com/jbarnette/hoe-plugin-examples